Welcome to Year Two
Adults in Year Two
Class Teacher- Miss Dance
Teaching assistant - Miss Butler
Hello Year Two,
Well done for working so hard on our dance this week, I was so proud of all of you for working so hard! Have a great weekend! Please remember to bring in your class (in a named bag) for our production this week.
Our PE days this term are on a Thursday.
Reading books will be collected in this week and we ask that the children use Reading Eggs. Thank you!
Our topic for this term is the Edwardians and we will be exploring old and new toys and the wonderful book /film that is Mary Poppins!
Take care and stay safe.
Miss Dance x
Our Christian value this term is Respect
Week beginning Monday,5th July
This week in maths we are learning about money.
The children will be learning the following objectives.
- recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value
- find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money
- solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change
This week we will be completing our final extended write. We will be writing a setting description.
- We will be focusing on using a range of punctuation.
- Editing and improving our work
- Using a range of subordination and co-ordination
This week in our topic lessons we will be using what we learnt from our home learning lessons from Mrs Mitchell and discussing what plants need in order to grow.
We will be planting sunflower seeds in order to help the Giant back home!
Star of the week!
Paris and Oliver
Our Dojo winner this week is
Spellings for week beginning 5th July 2021.
Our spelling test will be on Thursday, 8th July
**Maths homework will be sent out on the 21st June**
Homework is in the children's book bags.
Remote learning- week beginning 10th May 2021
Remote learning 10th May 2021
If you are completing remote learning please use the following links to complete work linked with what we are doing in class.
- This week I'd like you to look at a character from Mary Poppins. This week we will look at Bert. Look at the picture of Bert. What adjectives can you think of to describe him? What is he like as a character. Write you ideas around the picture. Don't forget at this stage you do not need to write sentences.
Share the clip of Bert from the film using the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYjxL-ZtRY. What can you add
to your ideas? Add any new ideas to your picture.
- We will be working towards writing our own character description of Bert. First take a look at the example below.
Bert is a cheerful, smiley young man and he absolutely loves playing music with his trumpet and drum. On his head is a flat, black and battered cap and his hands and face often look grubby because he is a chimney sweep. Although he is often filthy from the chimney soot, Bert is always happy and enjoys his job. You can sometimes see his bright white teeth from his wide grin shining in the moonlight. He is a friendly man, who talks quickly and loves to make others happy with his music. Bert always speaks loudly and often sings or whistles joyfully. He loves to dance so can often be found dancing on the roof! When he dances, he is as bouncy as a kangaroo!
Can you find the features that make a good character description?
- written in the third person
- powerful adjectives
- expanded noun phrases
Here are some useful links you may want to use if you can't remember what a expanded noun phrase is