At Knowl Hill C of E Academy we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care. We expect all stakeholders, including visitors, to share this commitment. Visitors and volunteers are made aware of our Safeguarding and Whistleblowing policies - copies are available from the school office. All visitors must have an enhanced DBS or be accompanied on site at all times.
A summary of our Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures are as follows:
- Children have a right to be safe – The school will actively seek to prevent children suffering abuse and neglect through the development of an open culture which informs children of their rights and encourages them to speak of their concerns. The school will address the issues of children’s safety through the curriculum.
- Parents have a right to be informed – The school will inform the parents of any concerns about their children (providing it does not compromise their safety). The school will discuss with parents any concerns they have about children and parents will be kept informed of what has happened.
- Children are best protected when parents and school can work together.
- The school will refer allegations of concern that a child has been or is likely to be abused or neglected to the Social Care Department.
- The school will consult when it has concerns that a child may have been abused or neglected.
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Deputy Safeguarding Lead||Safeguarding Governor|
|Mrs Lesley Dickens - Acting Head of School||Mrs Isabel Cooke - Executive Principle||Mrs Sandra Baker|